The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- Fixed Income Securities
- 钢市6月面临下行压力 预计后市铁矿石价格将延续下跌
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 半月谈：超千家上市公司囤房炒房， 已成刺激房价重要推手 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 李克强：一老一小的问题应该引起我们的更高度重视 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 报告称楼市只是“弱复苏” 后市不宜盲目乐观: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 全国一季度个人房贷增1万亿 或是房价暴涨推手 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
Sure, all of the hosting companies offer a basic CMS (content management system). But do they offer the flexibility that you need to get found online? Probably not. WordPress is an open-source CMS that you can install, customize and continuously optimize. You will likely need someone with development experience to help with set up, but once the template is installed, you’re probably smart enough to publish content without any assistance.
Entrepreneurs are movers and shakers. They can’t afford to analyze every detail or they’d never get anywhere. There is no place for procrastination in a startup. It’s a 24/7, no-vacation-or-sick-days kind of job that demands constant forward momentum. Make a brief assessment at every step and move on it. Trust your instincts.
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- 广东小区首期不建配套幼儿园 开发建设单位要被约谈
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 一线城市新房供应走低 存销比创去库存新低值
- “双11”后遗症发作 物流、质量问题等遭投诉
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- 或许纯粹是巧合，但Magento首位产品经理蒂姆o舒尔茨也刚刚加入Bigcommerce，出任产品管理高级副总裁。舒尔茨近年来担任谷歌Shopping Express、Wallet等服务的战略合伙和商业发展高管，未来将专注于Bigcommerce的一站式体验，将电子商务和实体零售更好地结合起来。“消费者想要无缝化体验，”他说。
- 股市震荡助推楼市升温 未来楼市政策或继续放松
- n. 美德，德行，优点，贞操
- 共享经济再升级 “共享家具”受到资本关注
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
The bulk of the risk in this move comes with the possibility that both Ibaka and Turner are free agents this summer, but the disappointment that might result from losing one or both would pale in comparison of a postseason flameout in May.